• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

customcbradios.com?

I guess if i wanted some work done to something i owned already id send a letter with it stating nothing to be done until they call me.

I know this will turn out fine.

Communication would have been nice. Ill trust that i will get the usb cable and software with the radio. And all will be fine.

Last edited:
Totally understand your worry now, hopefully all related equipment is with said purchased item. I would think it would be, haven't seen many if any at all about bad dealings with them. My brother in law loves his 959. Anyway hopefully all works out and have fun with the new toy.

software

I guess if i wanted some work done to something i owned already id send a letter with it stating nothing to be done until they call me.

I know this will turn out fine.

Communication would have been nice. Ill trust that i will get the usb cable and software with the radio. And all will be fine.

software does not come with the radio.
you have to dl it from Stryker Radios | 10 Meter Amateur Radios
but does come with prog. cord

these replies are all good and so true. sad thing that there are very very few real techs around that don't molest radios with there golden screw drivers & crusty fingers and the few real good techs that are around are swamped and mostly a one man show. just like anything else it's hard to get good help that won't screw up your good reputation. and heaven help you if your trying to get a tube radio fixed.my problem is my tech that has been a great guy for the last 35 years is getting old and having a hard time seeing the small components and boards on the surface mount stuff. .

Last time I talked to him he said Facebook was the best way to get in touch with him. A PM on his forum would not get a reply because he hardly ever checks it. He told me that the whole forum thing was a regret, way too many trolls, tire kickers, and people that ask dumb questions just for fun.

Got it in the mail last night. Going to work now (2am) ill get it in the Peterbuilt this morning and give it a try. It did come with the usb cable but no software. Ill dl it on my weekend and give the software a try then.

Reactions: 1 person
Here is my opinion of the stryker 955.
WOW! SSB from the gods.
Ok, as you can tell i am a class ham so i know what good ssb is about. This little radio is not as clear as my ft950 but its close. Ive played with a few ssb cbs in the past and imho this one is the best on senitiviity and clairity. My last 2510 was good but i think this one out preformed it. Changing freq could be better and the issue with getting the software to work has not worked out for me yet but im happy with this radio.

After getting it in the peterbuilt and tuning to 38lsb i worked Maine on the first try. I was hearing northern Ireland.Im seeing up to 85watts on ssb and 90 on am. With other drivers being on another channel close in freq as im on the blead right over so its weak in that point. But all in all im happy with it .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.