• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

D-104 Hand Mic

bigal46563

Jul 1, 2010
I have never had a D-104M6B mic before. I have and do have D-104 desk mics. I would like to know what some of you think about the D-104M6B mic. I hope i did the right thing, because i went ahead and order a new one to go on my Cherokee Nightrider or my Uniden Grant. I do know for a fact that the Astatic AST-878DM is a great sounding mic. I bought me a new 2950DX and i went ahead and got the Astatic AST-878DM mic also. I have had nothing but great reports on how loud and clear it is. My silver eagle i just put up and i am only running my Astatic AST-878DM. So if anyone is looking for a good desk my get the Astatic AST-878DM, You will be glad you did.

The D104M6B is a good handheld mic, but if turned up too much it will pick up a lot of background noise. I found that running the mic gain on the mic around 20% will allow for good modulation and minimum background noise. If you need additional modulation adjust the gain on the radio to suit your needs.

the d104mcb is a decent mic. far as tone it will sound more like your silver eagle
than the 878. local here has a 878 and wow they do sound great even better than his
tuner super side kick it replaced.

The D104M6B is a good handheld mic, but if turned up too much it will pick up a lot of background noise. I found that running the mic gain on the mic around 20% will allow for good modulation and minimum background noise. If you need additional modulation adjust the gain on the radio to suit your needs.

I second that. I've used one for several years on a multitude of different radios. It's always been my favorite mic.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.