• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

D-104 No Audio

iceman78

Feb 15, 2009
Out of nowhere my Silver Eagle stopped working. It keys up the radio and I have RX but no Audio.

I checked the basics, battery, mic connector, connections in the base of the mic...everything checks out ok. Tried other mics on the radio and they work.

I'm guessing maybe the element went bad? Is this something common? And how would I go about checking this?

Thanks in advance for any help

have you tried the bottom key as well?its common for the side key to quit due the the stick inside bending .verify condition by using the bottom key .
only way to know if its the head is to swap a known good one in its place .

its rare for one to just stop dead .

The elements themselves will quit working if they have been dropped or abused. If that didn't happen; then it is an unlikely candidate.

Clean the reed switch contacts with a matchbook cover and use the PTT on the mic's base.
Better to use that PTT anyway than the chicken-choker PTT - IMO.

Wiggle the wires and connectors when keying down; that is what I do. Found a bad battery clip lead inside its cover once. Ya just never know until you look at all of the possibilities. . .

Problem solved. Thank you gentlemen.

The guy who I got this from put a pot on the base of the mic with a gay jewel knob sticking off the base of it to adjust the volume easier than the little knob of the bottom. Nice idea but a bit ween-ish.

Anyway evidently the pot he put in was dirty. Working now though

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.