• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

D-104 tug 3

ajm1571

Sep 27, 2006
Fountain, MI
A friend of mine has one and was wondering what the thing is worth. it needs to be cleaned and has some scratches on the neck. base looks decent as does the bullet style head. It needs a new mic plug as this one is broke. It looks like it was hooked up to an old pin type rig, meaning it looks like it has a coax end fer a mic plug...lol.. any info on this mic would greatly be appreciated.

I never knew there was a 'TUG 3'.
Are you sure it doesn't say 'TUG 8' instead?
I have a TUG 8 and a TUP 9; never heard of a TUG 3...
Howabout a picture of being posted here so we can see this mic?

sounds like you got a tug8 stand with a 10da head on it .the stand itself if in decent shape and amplified(meaning it takes a 9volt battery)is worth maybe 30 bucks ...condition is key.
the head "if"working is worth about the same in used shape .
now a 10da head in excellent shape can get you 75.00 dollars .but it needs to be mint to fetch that kinda money.

the whole stand in used form maybe 50 bucks.condition is key on any d104.better condition more money .hope this helped ya .

i own 8 d104`s so i think i can judge thier worth pretty well.i know what i see them going for on ebay.

These are pics of one of my d104 mics with a t-ug8 stand and a stromberg carlson model md30a head.

Attachments

• T-UG8.jpg
    T-UG8.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 204
  • stromberg carlson head.jpg
    stromberg carlson head.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 172
i see wear on the tower on the tug8 stand with 10da style head,that hurts the value alot.stand not worth much .the head probably worth more .if you can verify the head works its worth more as well.

the t3 is a good find.the stand itself not worth much ,the head is the goodie .if it cleans up well and works put it on ebay .again condition and being able to verify it works brings more money.
the t3 head is a rare one and brings good money if clean and working .sell it with its original stand but clean both up .

a d104 is unlike a antique,the cleaner you get it the better .just dont use abrasive cleaners .

i use mothers cleaner wax on the whole stand .cleans as it lays a nice coat of wax on .doesnt scratch.

good luck.

Yeah, it's a TUG8 - no doubt.

Clean it up and polish it a bit and - BANG - it should look pretty decent. It doesn't have the standard coiled cord on it - but it isn't necessary either. Pop a new battery in it and put a new mic plug on it and give it a spin. Also, get an audio report from someone on the radio once it is wired up and modulating...

Nice find - should sound decent - even on SSB...

Here are a pair of T-3's on ebay. It looks like someone put the T-3 head on a G-stand in your pic . The one's pictured on Ebay have the older style base and neck .

ASTATIC T-3 MICROPHONES 2-LOT - eBay (item 170346845558 end time Jun-27-09 00:08:08 PDT)

Attachments

• t3.JPG
    t3.JPG
    7 KB · Views: 199
Kewl, thanks guys fer the replies. Will probably just clean it up an keep it in the shack :D might sell it, might not lol got it cheap at a yard sale :D

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.