• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

D&A Phantom band switching

sir. witchback

Pied Piper
Sep 26, 2009
WV USA
I have a few good phantom's laying around, and they all have been mod'ed for CB. I would like to restore the band pass in the best of the litter. I have a large coil a fried had out of a old phantom, and the one I want to work with still has the rotatory switch on the front. Any ANY Info, Pic's and what not to help me figure how to make this work properly on 40m, 20m, 15m, and 10m would be GREAT!

Thank you for your time!

73's

That switching was just a way to keep these on the market when Uncle Charlie started taking names and kicking ass.

The amp might work OK on CW but you will not make any friends on phone.

If you really want to use it on phone it needs a different bias scheme. Ya might not be real happy with the wattage output numbers after this.

Still an interesting project.

That switching was just a way to keep these on the market when Uncle Charlie started taking names and kicking ass.

The amp might work OK on CW but you will not make any friends on phone.

If you really want to use it on phone it needs a different bias scheme. Ya might not be real happy with the wattage output numbers after this.

Still an interesting project.
I have used the amp on 12M and 10M SSB, and had good reports. Only about 4-500 though, I don't need much power with the tower I am running. But I would love to have it working right on 40M, and 20M 500W max. I am running a Cushcraft MA5B and do not want to put more then 500W on it, I run a wire on 40m and 75m. So it will take whatever I put at it. But I don't see me using more then 500W max.

I don't quite understand why you would think it would be no good for voice? I have had great reports on SSB with it so far.

I would like to learn more. 73's

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.