• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

d&a phantom

Any and all D&A's NO more than 5 watts am and 12 watts sideband

if you have a newer radio like a dual final dont drive it with that
thos amps where made long before dual final radio's and the most the radios did back then was 2 to 5 watts am and around 12 watt ssb. The most you will see is around 600 unless it has 11meter coils the you will see around 650 or so dont confuse the out put with the input rateing like so many people do. The input rateing is 1000 watts and the out put rateing is 500. If someone told you it does 1000 or can get that out it there nut's not with out tons of work to it and the tubes wont last 2months

hope this helped ya 73's

i had a cobra 89 base 30 or so years ago with a 4 tube D&A on it . the radio keyed about 3 or 4 watts and spoke about 8.....not too shabby back then lol . i never had any problems .probally wouldnt hurt to be a lil cautious or gentle with one thats still working though .that phantom is a nice amp.....id take care of it . ';)'

;)

now with this amp is there a way i can have it midified to where it can do more than that anybody have any ideas??? maybe changeing sockets and going with bigger tubes??? if that cant be possible is there a tube simular to the 6lq6,s that will do the same wattage that i can put in there place most 6lq6 i find are about 60$ that means its going to cost 300+ to retube and i dont beleive the amp is worth that any ideas people!!!!!!!

get a bigger amp. i have one and 500-600 is max. if you want more power get something with 572 b's or something like that. good luck...

my understanding from the forum here is that you wont have much difference if you double your output power , which would be 1000-1200 watts . increasing your power by 4 is supposed to be where you start having a difference which would be 2000-2400 watts . you should buy a bigger amp if that phantom wont do the job you want , dont think you could mod it to those power levels

If you had a VW and wanted to put a 'blown'-460 in it, how much would you have to modify the 'Bug'? Same with 6LQ6's. Would it be worth it? Not to me. Just get a larger amplifier.
- 'Doc

LMAO NOW THATS FUNNY RIGHT THERE!! Man I cant imagine that bug. I had a 1973 Pro Street Nova hatchback that had 750 Horse and that was way more metal than a bug carries that has to be a hell ride LOL!! OURS WAS TO RADICAL FOR THE STREETS out of all the sports cars we had my wife was actually afraid of that Chevy Nova it also had open headers which really wasnt on her favorites list.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.