• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

D&A WR 2

If you power up the amp slow with a variac it should work without problem. I just bought a D & A Phantom 7/29/12 and I power up slow with a variac for 6 hours and this baby works like a champ. This amp was stored in a box for 38 years before I bought it last sunday for $100. 4 watts out of a Cobra 2000 and I get 600 watts and 20 watts out my Yaesu I get a KW.

Its gonna need some work. It will not key up. Looks like it has a keying relay issue but it fired up with no issues... The power supply is a FREAKING BEAST! It weighs more than my phantom!!!!!! However someone had enough foresight to installed cheap tubes in the amp using 31LQ6 tubes.....

If you have a legit line on a Warrior- buy it. They are extremely rare.

Yes, the tubes are pricey. But there is an option you may wish to consider and that is having it modified to use the 24LQ6 tubes instead of the 6LQ6. The 24LQ6 tube is much cheaper- they can be had NOS for $10-12 each if you look around.

If you do pick it up, get in contact with Alan Price in Indiana- he goes by 'fixer' or some variant of that on this board and a few others. He completely rebuilt my 10-tube Phantom and did it at a very fair price considering that I sent him a real basket case.

Check out his website at www.tubesplus.com (don't be put off by the cheesy music on the website, Alan may not know web design but he does know tube gear!). He doesn't work very quickly and is a man of few words but he will get it done and it will be done properly.

YES! I know him very welll! It looks like my work has been done for me as the tubes in the amp are 31LQ6 tubes and about 8 spares to boot!!!!;)

The top one works fine but the other one has issues...

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 11

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.