1. Marconi is the winner of the December WDX CB Club DX Contest! Please Congratulate him here!

D104 questions

Discussion in 'CB and Export Equipment and Accessories' started by towerdog, Feb 27, 2012.

1. towerdog

towerdog one-niner-seven

I never had a D-104. I picked one up along with a bunch of other goodies today, wired it up for my galaxy and it didnt work. I checked and rechecked my wiring, it keys, but just makes bad noises. I think the preamp is bad.

Question is, will the D-104 work without the preamp, without the battery.
    And could I bypass the battery and get rid of the preamp?

2. towerdog

towerdog one-niner-seven

In other words is the D104 like a powermic you get at a truck stop, or is it of the type that requires amplification to work at all.

3. fnkycoldmedina

fnkycoldmedina Well-Known Member

look to see if it has a switch inside that reads E-R if it does and your hooking it to a modern radio make sure its on E . thats for electronic switched radios .

if your radio is old and uses a relay for switching put that switch on R .

a tug8 stand will have this .

check your battery .sounds like the leaf switches inside the neck could be dirty .

report back

if your hooking that to the sonar or that teaberry it needs to be in the R position .

4. towerdog

towerdog one-niner-seven

the soldering was a hack job and the wiring was so old it turned crispy.
    I unsolder ed and cleaned everything up.
    I dont think I need a power mic, at least not a power mic like you get at a truck stop.
    I also had commercial radios in the past I used on ham that had power mic that took voltage from the radio, I think they were electret mics that had to have high voltage to work.
    I'll play around with it more this weekend.