• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

D104 TUG8 & ICOM 718

Rudes

Dec 20, 2008
I wired up one of my D104 mics to my Icom-718 and I was surprised to see that it works WITHOUT a battery! How can that be? Also it performs well on SSB but on AM I can hear a squeal coming from inside the radio when keyed even if the mic element is removed from the mic base. I hooked a battery up and it changes nothing. Anyone know why there is a problem on AM with the mic base and how to correct it. Thanks in advance!

pappy.gif
Until someone pipes in - take a look at TUP9 D104 to Icom 718.

TUG8

This particular one has the gain pot soldered to the board unlike my 2 other D104s that use an outboard pot.

Battery

Solved the problem. Seems that the battery I was using was too low. When I put a fresh battery in the squeal stopped. Sideband will work without a battery but not AM.

What stand is it? T-UG8, T-UG9 or T-UP9?

Dah..sorry, you had the stand type in the title. it was too early when I posted this morning...:sleep:

There is a way to run phantom power from the Icom mic jack (voltage is already present there) to the D-104 so you don't have to worry about a battery. I'll find the instructions when I get home

i have two mint minute man IIs.
i thought amplified mikes on a Ham radio was well pointless?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.