• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

D104 Tug8

I started replacing the dead elements on all my D-104 project mics with the replacement kit from RB Micro. It's a great sounding element and the kit is very high quality and comes with die cut inserts.

I started replacing the dead elements on all my D-104 project mics with the replacement kit from RB Micro. It's a great sounding element and the kit is very high quality and comes with die cut inserts.

would you happen to know how to test the Mc320 element? thats what i have but it sure does not sound as good as my D104 minute man 2 that mike rules on the base over the amplified lollipop.

any difference in audio between the OG mc320 element and these new ones:
Astatic Crystal Microphone Element for D-104 Qty. 1 | eBay

someone have a gate of the difference?

i found this with a audio clip

RB Micro

his element is different then others.

The replacement element sold on eBay is a Kobitone part no. 25LM024. I believe RB Micro uses the smaller and cheaper Kobitone 25LM022. Go to Mouser.com and search for 25LM024 and it you'll find it for $5.56. If you download the catalog, look on page 1924.

Last edited:
would you happen to know how to test the Mc320 element? thats what i have but it sure does not sound as good as my D104 minute man 2 that mike rules on the base over the amplified lollipop.

Sorry to say I don't know how to check the elements with test equipment. I have several known good D-104s and I swap the good head for the one I believe is bad. If the mic is still dead or sounds bad wth the good head I replace the bad amp board component or the entire board; usually the entire board frrom a parts mic. I've collected lots of spare parts.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.