• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

D201A shorted and burned traces

troyota

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
May 9, 2007
I have put the old d201 aside and have the D201A on the bench. I had to replace a tube socket and a crystal on the synth board. Anyway I was checking it out today and noticed I had no RX on the manual side. I did have on the crystal side, but it wasnt the best. I noticed on the man side it just has a light hum that gets louder with the volume. I put it back on crystal and was gathering my meter to check voltage on pin 6 of V302, and it arced underneath and sounded like a welder. By the time I grabbed the power cord it had stopped. It did not pop the fuse and the rig still lights up. I investigated and it has burned the trace from the relay pin 12 that carries 400+ volts. It burned it between where the red wire connects and pin 12 on the relay. The red wire goes to the RF bridge board. I have looked for shorted parts, checked v302 in my tube tester for shorts, pulled the relay and checked it. Everything I have checked has been good. I repaired the trace, but wanted to check here before I put the tube and relay back in to see what happens. You guys that know these rigs may know what else to look for. Thank you

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.