• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Dead Mod on DOSY PM-2001-TS

JJim

Jul 2, 2005
www.yoursaftnet.com
Has anybody seen this or have an answer based on common electronics knowledge?
I have a "used", of course, DOSY PM-2001-TS meter. The SWR and Power seem to work just fine however, the Modulation Selection is dead.
I set the "Set/Mod" switch to Set, I turn the Dial to MOD and key the mic, but get nothing at all on the meter. I did put a Fluke meter on it and here is what I found. With the Fluke on Diode / Beep test, 3 of the diodes inside of the DOSY give me a dead short (constant beep). Is it possible that these diodes were blown due the the last owner using this setting with linear hooked up? The 3 diodes giving this reading are: D7, D8, and D10
D10 - .007
D7 - .003
D8 - .018

Anybody? Help?

-jim

Jim said:
Is it possible that these diodes were blown due the the last owner using this setting with linear hooked up?

Yes, That is very possible. I have a TC-4001 meter. You can go to there site and get a manual . It should be easy to change the diode. I called there tech support and they emailed me a schematic of mine so I would know which pot to turn to adjust the ranges.

http://www.dosy.com/pm2001ts.php

Good luck

Yes, That is very possible. I have a TC-4001 meter. You can go to there site and get a manual . It should be easy to change the diode. I called there tech support and they emailed me a schematic of mine so I would know which pot to turn to adjust the ranges.

http://www.dosy.com/pm2001ts.php

Good luck
this is more a question then a quote but here goes. I have the tc4002psw meter . I get very little mod swing and nothing on any other settings.Could the same problem exist in my meter?(y)

this is more a question then a quote but here goes. I have the tc4002psw meter . I get very little mod swing and nothing on any other settings.Could the same problem exist in my meter?(y)
I'll answer my own question. I fixed it. took the cover off and looked and looked at the wiring and the other stuff in there and I hit it by accident. a wire was disconnected from the board in there ao i got my iron hot and put it back together.Saved my $170.00 from buying a new one.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.