• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

delta force settings

Splash1

Jun 11, 2006
have the high set at 10 watts and the low at 6 watts..it will swing 29 watts..is this ok for ssb or is there a better way to adjust the settings ?

Yea, there is no dead key or carrier on SSB. It's all modulated watts. The Delta is a dual 1969 final radio. I have owned three over the years and on AM the dead key range was 1.5 to 8 watts, and the PEP watts was 30-35. It all really depends on who tuned the radio and where they set things at.

have the high set at 10 watts and the low at 6 watts..it will swing 29 watts..is this ok for ssb or is there a better way to adjust the settings ?

assuming you mean on am for dead keys these are way too high mine are at
1 watt on low and 8 on high.30 watts on ssb adjustable down to 2-3 watts i believe

if you are seeing dead keys on ssb with mic gain off then this is way outta wack
sounds like the ssb balance needs adjusted.should have 0 watts as others have stated already

Hotrod..i ment my settings were on am..i,ll try new settings as yours are..im only getting 29 watts with a loud whistle..i,ll tell ya though had the wife call me and the mod sounded good,,hopefully it will sound even better with the new settings....this is on ssb..i only talk ssb..

Hotrod..i ment my settings were on am..i,ll try new settings as yours are..im only getting 29 watts with a loud whistle..i,ll tell ya though had the wife call me and the mod sounded good,,hopefully it will sound even better with the new settings....this is on ssb..i only talk ssb..

unless ya updated with mosfet finals the deltas only swing 30 watts.
what mic ya running?the stock mic on these magnums work the best
i spent hours tring different mics.plus the stock mic is actually a power mic.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.