• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

DeltaForce and TxStar 250HD

undertaker

Undertaker
Apr 5, 2006
Texas
Ok guys this is what I have in my pickup. Where should I run the rf power on the radio so I dont overdrive the amp. All I ever use is SSB.

Thanks
Bob

If you do not have a power meter, the meter on the front of the amp can be used, red button in, turn the variable on the Amp full open ( if it is a V Model), engage the yellow SSB button ( for the delay) turn the radio down, key up and talk normally and slowly roll the power up on the radio until it reads approx 2/3`s of full scale on the output meter and call it good.
Put a fan on it.
The term HD or high drive usually means the V models, but they are not really "high Drive", I would not exceed 20 watts peak input on most of them.

Jeff

if you DO have a power meter, turn the variable on the amp full open (if it is a V model), engage the yellow SSB button ( for the delay) turn the radio MIC GAIN to where you normally keep it, and the rf power control down, key up and talk normally and slowly roll the rf power control up on the radio until it reads approx 150 watts on a PEP meter, or 75 watts on an RMS/AVG meter.
with the cpu controlled magnum's, you will probably find you'll still have to tweak the mic gain & possibly even rf power control a bit to make it sound ok on SSB.

A Delta Force is 30 watt radio, 35 at best. On SSB if you happened to run it wide open there would be no problem. For steady talking I would run it at 18-25 watts PEP.

I still have 2 Delta's and love em. That's a great bang for the buck base out mobile combo there Undertaker no doubt.

He won't be. That's not how the amp is designed. The input circuit losses plus built in attenuation takes care of that.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.