• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

diamond NR22L good antenna?

bluestallion

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
May 13, 2008
I've been looking at getting a higher gain 2meter antenna. Been looking at this antenna. I have a 94 sierra. would it be better to put this on bedside or put a highgain nmo style antenna on roof. I have a nmo mount on roof with a dualband antenna now. But I dont use the 440side much, so wanting to get a higher gain 2 meter antenna.

You know, that's one big antenna, 96 inches. I think it ought'a do pretty well. The only 'problem' being you are going to hit everything with it. I think I'd suggest some 'backing' for that roof mount, although I don't know how you'd do that with a standard NMO mount. The roof would be a 'better' antenna location than the bed rail. Don't think that the bed rail would be a 'bad' location, it isn't, but it isn't as 'good' as the roof.
- 'Doc

I have Never used that antenna..
However i never heard of a Bad Diamond Antenna.
If Hight n issue..G for it.

looking at the ssb-25nmo. One site says its 49" and another says 57''. anyone used this antenna? seems like might be better having it on roof then the nr22l on the bed

i use a 22l on the car roof when im parked up, it outperforms my shorter antennas but not by a huge margin,
its a bit floppy for mobile use.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.