• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Diesel-Mobile Ham...

Hello,

I finally finished rewiring and tidying up a new antenna project. Here is a Byonics GPS2 disassembled and installed in place of the NMOHFGPS antenna...

tinytrackergps2.jpg

The NMOHFGPS mounted...
smallerantennafarm.jpg

Underside...
underthenmohfgps.jpg

Then I went to work mounting a new amplifier and a better installation of the TinyTrak3+... but then opted to organize my wiring in the process...
Ham_Project.jpg

After:
trunkoverview.jpg

The real goodies are always out of sight:
overviewofhiddenelectronics.jpg

Left to Right - HF/VHF duplexer (for CB/scanner antenna sharing), Byonics TinyTrak3+ APRS position encoder, 300W voltage inverter, the "brain" for the FT-90R VHF/UHF radio, a 200-watt stereo amplifier (for sub only), a ground block, a fuse block, and power distribution.

I FEEL like I'm done. But, like tuning the car, there's always a better thing to try... ;) But this is good for at least a couple of years. :p

Scott

PS: The photos above have overwritten the photos in my first post. But I left the old photo of my underseat area in my photo album here.

Hello,

I can't believe I've been lurking here for a year and have not said Hello. This seems to be the best place to do that. My name is Scott. I'm in the Coast Guard. Here are a few pictures of my rig:

The car itself - I've used it for just about everything for over 13 years and 350,000 miles:
chicagoboxexit.jpg

Yaesu FT-857D and FT-90R (in ashtray)...
hfcloseupheadon.jpg

Some hidden equipment...
hiddenhamstuff.jpg

Some trunk stuff...
hfconnections.jpg

More photos in my profile and on my website at Scott's Amateur Radio Interests.

Scott

Scott I am really impressed with your work, I know it takes a lot of time to do what you did and best of all I like that you even mounted your Leatherman :)
Mike
K7MMA

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.