• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Digital scanners

larryb

Jan 16, 2011
De Forest, WI.
Looking to buy a scanner. There are alot of them out there but I am looking for a digital scanner not a analog.

I am getting flustrated trying to find a scanner for sale then try to find out if it is a digital.

Is there a GOLDEN list of scanners by manufacture and model that tell me if is is digital compatable?

Maybe I'm asking way too much here but I gotta try

Larry

The most common will be made by uniden or GRE, they both have a couple models that are analog/digital. From what I've read neither brand decodes P25 very well though.

Easiest way to tell if it does digital is the price, nothing under $350 (new) will do digital is a good rule of thumb.

Looking to buy a scanner. There are alot of them out there but I am looking for a digital scanner not a analog.

I am getting flustrated trying to find a scanner for sale then try to find out if it is a digital.

Is there a GOLDEN list of scanners by manufacture and model that tell me if is is digital compatable?

Maybe I'm asking way too much here but I gotta try

Larry

Hope you're not looking to be able to listen in on the police departments that have gone to digital encryption if that's what you're referring to by "digital."

There is NO listening in on encryption....that's why they've gone to it. Wouldn't be worth the encryption money it was printed on if folks could just go out and buy a scanner that would pick it up would it?

Good luck!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.