• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Display lights on DX959

HomerBB

Jan 4, 2009
Rogers, Ar
What would cause the display lights to go out on my dx959?
There are no front end lights whatsoever, no freq counter, no channel lights, no meter lights, except the rx/tx indicator light on the panel. The radio works fine otherwise.

Thanks,
HomerBB

I forget if the channel and meter lights go out too, but one of the knobs is a push button to turn the lights off.

Let me add to this, I JUST received one yesterday that I won on auction on ebay, eagerly hooked it up and... no lights, no display!! And no sound!! (Squelch was turned up... who uses squelch anyway!) Fiddled around with it in panic mode (no instruction manual came with it) for 5 minutes before I pushed the "right" button and the lights came on.

BUT... the meter light is still out. I reckon it was out beforehand and the auctioner conveniently forgot to tell me.

But what a cool radio!!! :D

How many watts does a DX959 put out stock, and after a peak?

pawn shops are selling used Galaxy DX959's for $149 dollars, used in like new condition. :eek:

A stock CB is limited to 4W AM carrier and 12W PEP SSB.

The factory comes fairly close to this, but is a wee bit conservative.

You can get them to swing up to about 28W max, but around 20W is a more realistic number.

How about the Galaxy DX 949?

Someone is asking $150 for this radio locally. What is the difference between the 949 and the 959?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.