• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Distracted Driver Law in Alberta- Is there a solution?

My3kidsfather

Aka Onefinger Missen.
Feb 13, 2015
Edmonton, Alberta.
So I am looking around at cb stuff and see this 2010 news article and see that there is a law against using handheld radios in your vehicle while driving other than for work purposes. What do you do to overcome this handicap? Bluetooth mic or something? And how do we adapt an older type radio (specifically a Uniden pc78 am radio) to the Bluetooth?

I was just looking into ham here in Edmonton-Sherwood Park area. there appears to be three clubs in the area: NARC, QSARC, and Strathcona Radio Volunteers. Anyone know these clubs? I am not a techie, but like all things tech.

I was just looking into ham here in Edmonton-Sherwood Park area. there appears to be three clubs in the area: NARC, QSARC, and Strathcona Radio Volunteers. Anyone know these clubs? I am not a techie, but like all things tech.
What I did before settling into joining a club here was I went to a meeting and saw how well they accepted walk-in's to the meeting and then joined that club. I joined FARS here.

Reactions: My3kidsfather
Hence: "You could always move to the U.S."

Hey don't laff, Vera and I made our first trip down thru Montana this last July and it was even better than I had hoped- I enjoyed every minute in your great country. I must be American in heart, just born in Alberta (your Northern Texas). I worked with a fella born in South Dakota and raised in North Dakota. Great young guy, nice manners and interesting hearing about his life in the mid-west.

Reactions: binrat

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.