• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Distracted Driver Law in Alberta- Is there a solution?

i'm not old enough to have driven any of the foot starter vehicles, but i was a passenger in many as a young boy!

However,I did drive many a vehicle in the 60's with the foot control light switch dimmer!

I talked to my old friend last night and the vehicle that used to use a foot controlled pedal to change radio stations was the imperial such as the one below.... but it's a bit of a long read:

http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews/driven/1005_pawn_stars_1966_imperial_crown_convertible/

Last edited:
The old Buicks had a weird setup. Turn on the key and then depress the gas pedal to the floor. At least that is how my 1955 was.

i dont know if this has been mentioned but check out the racing setups that are used in nascar and usac and other divisions of auto racing,,, there are many that is already to mount in vehicle with easy hook up to radio, i am not talking about what you see with the big ear muffs but the drivers setup with small mikes in the helmet and earbuds,,,if you watch any racing you will see a coil cord around the streering column to the wheel that is where the ptt is,,, then there are the "FBI" setup where the mike and earphone is in same piece in your ear with vox just a few thoughts 73 midnight special

just google racing radios

Reactions: My3kidsfather
I like the boom mic and headset setup. The better solution for me is the ham license. I am looking for a Canadian Amateur Radio Basic Qualification Study Guide - 9th Edition, 1st printing, 2015 locally in Edmonton. Shipping puts ordering the study guide at over $65.00 cdn.

I like the boom mic and headset setup. The better solution for me is the ham license. I am looking for a Canadian Amateur Radio Basic Qualification Study Guide - 9th Edition, 1st printing, 2015 locally in Edmonton. Shipping puts ordering the study guide at over $65.00 cdn.
Down here in the U.S. there are study guides available on the internet. Also one site actually teaches the items covered by the question pool. Not teaching the test but the information covered on the test. I have a boom microphone and headset that I got with a program. Speech recognition program and the audio quality was quite good. It is made by Labtec and the system is stereo for both the mike and the head phones. I also have a set I bought from eBay that was used in commercial aircraft.

Last edited:
Reactions: My3kidsfather

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.