• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Do you think I think I got took....

The Jerk

May 6, 2008
Reading, PA
I paid $90 for this DX667V...did I do alright?!?!

IMG00211-20100422-1628.jpg

IMG00210-20100422-1626.jpg

I got it from a local cb shop, the owners is a good guy...I do a good portion of my business through him. He took it on trade...just needed it gone. It looks like it has seen almost no use...the board is not even discolored, unlike my DX350HDV.

Thats a great deal but just watch how you drive that thing. You have to remember there is a driver final 2SC2290 Driving 4 2SC2879 in that so it dont take much to get that to sing and cleanly aswell ;)

I've got a Grant tuned for my DX350HDV that should work well...probably my current Grant would work well as it is only doing about 3 watts dead key with a low swing.

Anything special I need to know about this amp? I'm assuming its an AB because its a TS?

I was looking at the smallish power leads, but I guess that doesn't matter since they are so short. It has twin fuses, should they both be 30A??

3 watt deadkey might even be too much.

ive never owned a 667, but from what ive heard they like about a 1 watt deadkey.

LC

Be sure to watch your input watts for ssb and you may want to consider setting the ssb limits in the radio driving it to safe levels to protect the amp from thermal run away.

I would keep it down to 5 to 600 watts ssb pep.

Good amps if you take care of them.

Can you give me an idea of what I should ideally see on the output? If I have something to look for, I can make sure I don't overdrive it.
Well it having 4/2sc2879's for finals 1000 watts pep is not out of the question.

BUT since there is no thermal tracking for the bias circuit when the amp starts to heat up and the bias voltage will begin to rise and with no way to regulate the bias voltage to the transistor bases you'll be putting too much voltage at high current and the transistors will fail.

MAX 600 WATTS SSB pep
MAX 750 WATTS AM pep 300 watts dk.
And as said before a fan is a good idea.

when i had one just like yours it did right at a 1000 watts but it also had some work done to it and yes get a fan the 667 is very finiky and gets warm quick

and i drove mine with a little tiny cobra 25 lol and dead key was 2 watts and would swing to 7 watts

Dan

You are still safe at 2 watts deadkey AM but dont run anymore keep your signal clean SSB some will run 20 watts some much more and then the raspy / dirty sound starts tranistor saturation is present so 12 - 15 watts SSB should keep it clean and transmitting where you intend to and keeping it there instead of also being heard 8 channels up and 8 channels down if not even more wide spread across the band.

I actually went to this shop to only buy some RG-8/213 to rewire my mobile...never expected to walk out with an amp!

Another question I have is that since this amp lacks a remote, can I parallel three or four ice cube relays together (assuming 30A per cube, 4 would provide around 120As worth of switching), and simply turn switch the power on/off to the amp? Will that cause any issues, such as spikes/surges?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.