• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Does anyone know who repairs/services RM Italy KLV Amps.?

Unit 194

Feb 25, 2006
New Jersey
One of my locals is trying to find factory service for his non working KLV Amp. Does anyone know who still might be servicing these tube amps.?
Thank you.

Good luck on that. If you plate or load tuning capacitor is shorted there are no replacements available from RM Italy. No tubes are available either. RM Italy is not producing the tube units any more because of the reasons listed. I would contact the place where you bought it and see if they know of a repair facility.

Good luck on that. If you plate or load tuning capacitor is shorted there are no replacements available from RM Italy. No tubes are available either. RM Italy is not producing the tube units any more because of the reasons listed. I would contact the place where you bought it and see if they know of a repair facility.
He definitely needs it re-tubed and it sounds like the amp. has other issues also. So I guess he's just out of luck on having the amp. repaired.

Update: He bought the unit years ago from H&Y Electronics and they recommended he try to contact RM Italy directly for info. on a repair facility. He e-mailed RM Italy twice in the last 2 weeks and he still has not received a response. To be continued............

Anything can be repaired if you can find original or suitable replacement parts.
What tubes does the amplifier use?

It takes the PL519. I have not been able to get fresh stock in over a year. The same problem with the power transistors MS1051.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.