• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Dominator mod

Danny Radioc

Jan 25, 2016
Dominator mod has anyone heard of this mod. I heard a couple of truck drivers talking about it this morning. It's supposed to give you full modulation no matter what your dk is.
Any remarks? Good or bad?

A swing kit with a cap and resistor will get you a low DK and full pep wattage. Some truck stop probably sold it to him and called it a dominator mod. It's basically a swing kit with a cap and diode or maybe even an NPC mod, but never heard it called a dominator mod.

Reactions: Mudduckmobile
Never heard of it

What radio are you using?

EDIT:
Swing mods work best in an AM only radio.
ie: Cobra 29, 25, 19 and Uniden 76 & 78 . . . etc . . .
Radios that are AM/SSB doesn't work anywhere near as well.
ie: Cobra 142, 148, Galaxy 959, 77, 88, & 99 or RCI 2950/70 . . . etc . . .

Last edited:
A swing kit with a cap and resistor will get you a low DK and full pep wattage. Some truck stop probably sold it to him and called it a dominator mod. It's basically a swing kit with a cap and diode or maybe even an NPC mod, but never heard it called a dominator mod.
Well he swears by it so each to their own I guess

Dominator mod has anyone heard of this mod. I heard a couple of truck drivers talking about it this morning. It's supposed to give you full modulation no matter what your dk is.
Any remarks? Good or bad?
Maybe your looking for something like the "MODULATOR" from "Motor Mouth Maul", only works on AM side, if you want for SSB you might want to look at YOU TUBE:
TwitHamNation #227 with Bob Heil....and others. BOb is the Audio king...

Maybe your looking for something like the "MODULATOR" from "Motor Mouth Maul", only works on AM side, if you want for SSB you might want to look at YOU TUBE:
TwitHamNation #227 with Bob Heil....and others. BOb is the Audio king...
I am only going by what he is telling me. He says it works on a.m. and sideband and showed me the difference. I only know what IC thank you for your help

Bet it looks shitty on a scope. The scope will tell the story.

~Cheers~
Well, he did say the he believes what he see. I think you are right. I also think he needs to get a $75 50mhz O-scope, a 100w dummy load, and use that wattmeter he is happy about. He can easily build the sampler and watch a few videos on YouTube on how to use a scope. Then he will know what some of these hucksters and scam artists are all about.

Who knows what it is. People are not doing anything new with radios but they give it a cool sounding name and it's all the rage.

There are a lot of gimmicks out there but there's no replacement for displacement and an more importantly an efficient antenna. That stuff isn't cheap and sounds boring so the gimmicks sell better. ;)

Reactions: Robb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.