• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

driver

wild turkey

Oct 2, 2011
just for shit and giggles, not like i can shut the talkback off in my power supply or anything, unless i took the speaker out, lol but can you run a v-plus modulator into a dx-400? maybe a 2 watt dead key swinging 40 or 50

I would not run a Mod Plus/Mod-V into the DX 400 on ten meters, for a couple of reasons:
2290`s require less drive than the 2879`s used in the DX 500, your 2510 should easily be able to drive that amp to full output. ( for that matter your 2510 should drive a 500 to full output)
The Texas Star Mod Plus And V Mod both run Class C.
Years ago my Brother and I played with these little Amps, and after you hear one on SSB you will never forget the crunchy sound they make on the Air.
Nether of them have a SSB delay because they were never intended to be used on SSB.

Jeff

Good information Jeff. Wild Turkey, a radio that peaks at 20-25 watts will drive a Texas Star 400 just fine. By going to 40 watts pep drive you will only see a small increase in peak watts from the TS400. It will run much hotter though and the life will be shortened.

If you want an amp that can take the drive of a 1 or 2 pill as well as run just fine from a barefoot radio you will need something like a TnT 600.
If you check out the link you can read that as drive levels increase the peak watts out from the amp jump quite well.
http://www.xforceamps.com/category/TNT-35

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.