• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

DTB Radio

I can see where they can use this as a sales tool to let buyers see the radio they are going to get live and in living color before it ships.
The problem is that they never go away......
And as of late the agents from the fcc are surfing the web and sending out NAL`s to online retailers`using this as " evidence".
Most of the people online now do not know how this hobby used to be before the internet ( yes at one time there was NO internet... unreal huh?)
I can remember when very few export radios or amps were sold in the open.
You had to have a contact, or know someone to get what you wanted.
The first Lincoln I bought back in the late 80`s was a dark, back alley deal where cash changed hands and the box was handed over as the seller disappeared into the shadows.

Jeff

I think he's on an ego trip.

Think that Bell's tech seems like a stand up guy. He does solid work from what I'd seen in those videos. Uses decent gear and works for a fair price. Never had any work done by him, but his videos prove he has nothing to hide and everything to gain by his honesty. If I had to, I'd send something to him.

Reactions: 2 people
How'd it go?

Just got it back today and it's been right at two months gone. I had him go through and check all the solders and fix them, correct the hacked up mod job, and re align it all. First thing I did was pull the covers off and it looked better inside for sure. There was a lot of new solder, new heat transfer paste, a different jumper wire on the mod done, and the power was down where I wanted it and where he said it was. I got a 'sounding good' report on 11m today and that's all I had time to fool with.

I'm satisfied with the work and costs. It was $50 including shipping back to me. The turn around was longer than I'd like, but it did come back. I could have gone to my local golden screwdriver, but I'd rather have someone better to look it over.

Think that Bell's tech seems like a stand up guy. He does solid work from what I'd seen in those videos. Uses decent gear and works for a fair price. Never had any work done by him, but his videos prove he has nothing to hide and everything to gain by his honesty. If I had to, I'd send something to him.

How can you judge a techs work and his honesty by watching a YouTube video?

I had work done by Bell's and he's not an honest and stand up guy.

If you really want to deal with an honest and stand up guy have your work done by DTB Radio.

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.