• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

DX Man and Audioshockwave

Lazybones1222

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 6, 2005
Tampa Bay Florida
I had my base radio (my new 2950DX) on 38LSB while watching TV but had the squelch turned way up to keep the garbage out.

All of a sudden the squelch breaks and I got a s5 swinging to s9 from DX Man in the great northwest. He was running a barefoot 2950 DX (the one he got from t2w no less - haha) through that 5 element yagi. The antenna really gets that radio out. We hooked up later too.

Then back to the couch, squealch back up. Then bam, I hear another CDX number being called. It was Audioshockwave from the land of fruits and nuts on his President Lincoln in the mobile. Real good signal - s9 , we went to a quiet freq and had a real good long QSO.

Hey guys: As you know I was on that new 2950DX from 8541 electronics with the stock mic. Please give our readers a DX reveiw on how the radio and stock mic sounded going a couple thousand miles.

Later,

Lazy

lazyneon2.jpg
tube3im.gif

hater.gif
</p>

I had my base radio (my new 2950DX) on 38LSB while watching TV but had the squelch turned way up to keep the garbage out.

All of a sudden the squelch breaks and I got a s5 swinging to s9 from DX Man in the great northwest. He was running a barefoot 2950 DX (the one he got from t2w no less - haha) through that 5 element yagi. The antenna really gets that radio out. We hooked up later too.

Then back to the couch, squealch back up. Then bam, I hear another CDX number being called. It was Audioshockwave from the land of fruits and nuts on his President Lincoln in the mobile. Real good signal - s9 , we went to a quiet freq and had a real good long QSO.

Hey guys: As you know I was on that new 2950DX from 8541 electronics with the stock mic. Please give our readers a DX reveiw on how the radio and stock mic sounded going a couple thousand miles.

Later,

Lazy

lazyneon2.jpg
tube3im.gif

hater.gif
</p>

Ok there Mr. Lazybones.......of course the radio sounded good - it's a 2950.

With the strong audio that was coming out of that radio, I would say the stock mic was doing great.

When your tired of using it and move onto something bigger, just let me know first ok.......<span style="color:lime;font-size:large;">I'll take it</span>

-----------------

<span style="color:lime;">DXman</span>

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p067.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=dxman@worldwidecbradioclub>DXman</A> at: 3/14/05 1:00 pm

Ok there Mr. Lazybones.......of course the radio sounded good - it's a 2950.

With the strong audio that was coming out of that radio, I would say the stock mic was doing great.

When your tired of using it and move onto something bigger, just let me know first ok.......<span style="color:lime;font-size:large;">I'll take it</span>

-----------------

<span style="color:lime;">DXman</span>

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p067.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=dxman@worldwidecbradioclub>DXman</A> at: 3/14/05 1:00 pm

It sounded Great, very nice audio, and it was center-up on frequency through the whole QSO, you could have told me you were running a Icom, I would have not known the difference. Very Nice Jeff, it sounds like a sweet rig. And remember guys, he is using a double bazooka dipole, not a beam or a ground plane!

Click here for a look at Jeff`s antenna, and how it is mounted

( don`t click my link, click the link below)(oops!) (lol)

I think you got a Keeper there Lazy.

Thanks for the contact, Good DX`in

Jeff

<span style="color:eek:range;font-family:helvetica;font-size:large;">RadioActive</span>

20040427_0100_eit_171.gif

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p067.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=audioshockwav>AudioShockwav</A> at: 3/14/05 2:29 pm

It sounded Great, very nice audio, and it was center-up on frequency through the whole QSO, you could have told me you were running a Icom, I would have not known the difference. Very Nice Jeff, it sounds like a sweet rig. And remember guys, he is using a double bazooka dipole, not a beam or a ground plane!

Click here for a look at Jeff`s antenna, and how it is mounted

( don`t click my link, click the link below)(oops!) (lol)

I think you got a Keeper there Lazy.

Thanks for the contact, Good DX`in

Jeff

<span style="color:eek:range;font-family:helvetica;font-size:large;">RadioActive</span>

20040427_0100_eit_171.gif

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p067.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=audioshockwav>AudioShockwav</A> at: 3/14/05 2:29 pm

Jeff,

Could you tell me how you made yours ? I've seen different ways to do it but I am interested in how you did yours. Below is one I found but from what I can tell yours is different:

Image18.jpg

sonwatchersig.gif
</p>

Jeff,

Could you tell me how you made yours ? I've seen different ways to do it but I am interested in how you did yours. Below is one I found but from what I can tell yours is different:

Image18.jpg

sonwatchersig.gif
</p>

Sonwatcher - This is LAZYbones. I bought it. haha

radiowavz.com or on ebay. $29.00

radiowavz.com/

The website shows ham dipoles but he builds 11 meter too. The SWR is very good and is VERY broadbanded.

The upside down T is PVC pipe, the upside down V is the dipole. I used a PVC collar from home depot to join the mast to an existing roof vent.

BTW - the back of my house faces north, the ends of the dipole east west with the hot side west.

Here are two links to build your own....if you're not "Lazy" like me:

www.soares.us/bazooka.htm

www.hamuniverse.com/bazooka.html

lazyneon2.jpg
tube3im.gif

hater.gif
</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p067.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=lazybones1222>Lazybones1222</A> at: 3/16/05 7:42 am

Sonwatcher - This is LAZYbones. I bought it. haha

radiowavz.com or on ebay. $29.00

radiowavz.com/

The website shows ham dipoles but he builds 11 meter too. The SWR is very good and is VERY broadbanded.

The upside down T is PVC pipe, the upside down V is the dipole. I used a PVC collar from home depot to join the mast to an existing roof vent.

BTW - the back of my house faces north, the ends of the dipole east west with the hot side west.

Here are two links to build your own....if you're not "Lazy" like me:

www.soares.us/bazooka.htm

www.hamuniverse.com/bazooka.html

lazyneon2.jpg
tube3im.gif

hater.gif
</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p067.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=lazybones1222>Lazybones1222</A> at: 3/16/05 7:42 am

Nice house and antenna you got their Jeff! Still waiting for conditions to roll my way so we can finally talk to each other! Hope to hear you out their.

Cobra 29 LTD classic tuned

I Max 99

& Snowcap Amp built by Radio Doctor!

Cobra 29

Cherokee Niterider 150

Pro Scanner 2030

Realistic Navaho 458

snowcap_new_2.jpg
</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.