• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

DXing IS SO FRUSTRATING SOMETIMES !!

unit_399

EL CAPO
Jun 17, 2008
ALEJANDRIA, COLOMBIA SA
I got all of my "honey-dos" finished yesterday, so I headed down to the shack this morning for some good dxing. Fired up the rig . . . nothing. I could hear a lot of stations, but everyone was in the "mud". Couldn't find a strong signal on any channel. Checked the propagation on my tablet, and this is what I found. TONS of dx in and out of the US, but not a SINGLE SIGNAL into Colombia. WTF !! I guess the Dx Gods are pissed at me or something. Oh well. Maybe later.

- J.J. 399

frustration.png

I got all of my "honey-dos" finished yesterday, so I headed down to the shack this morning for some good dxing. Fired up the rig . . . nothing. I could hear a lot of stations, but everyone was in the "mud". Couldn't find a strong signal on any channel. Checked the propagation on my tablet, and this is what I found. TONS of dx in and out of the US, but not a SINGLE SIGNAL into Colombia. WTF !! I guess the Dx Gods are pissed at me or something. Oh well. Maybe later.

- J.J. 399

View attachment 67106
Could be something related to a flare or something from the sun. About a week ago I read an article about one (or 2) that affected South America. There were all kinds of lines of transmission going across the world, with and equal amount into South America. Then the flare hit and there was almost nothing going in or out of S.A., but North America and everyone else was fine. Once it was over, everything returned to normal. Saw a video...maybe this one 'bout it -

Reactions: unit_399

- J.J. 399

View attachment 67106
Yeah, they're pissed that you did your honey-dos instead of playing on the radio!!
Kidding, it'll come back!!

Reactions: Enterprise312ok

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.