• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Eagle Watch

AudioShockwav

Extraterrestrial
Staff member
Apr 6, 2005
Nor Cal Sierra Nevada
I don't know if anyone is interested in wildlife stuff.....
This is Jackie and Shadow, they are a pair of bald eagles sitting on the nest in big bear valley.

Live feed, solar powered camera 24/7
Couple days ago Jackie was nesting covered with snow.
Shadow brings her fish and takes his turn on the nest to give her a break during the day.
Cool live feed.

Jeff

That's cool ! Up here it's herring spawning season right now, so there are not just dozens of bald eagles around, but literally hundreds ! Along with whales, porpoises, otters, sea lions, millions of birds, and a whole other menagerie of wildlife.
Pretty cool, but also pretty noisy and smelly along the shoreline right now !

I don't know if anyone is interested in wildlife stuff.....

Watching on the kitchen TV right now. Thanks for sharing.

JVmixoX.jpg

Last edited:
Sad to say that it looks like none of the eggs are going to hatch.
They have passed the point of no return.
Once you get past 40 days in the nest it's highly improbable that they will hatch.
Now we have to look forward to next year.
Eagles pair up for life so fingers crossed they will be more successful in the future.

Jeff

Sad to say that it looks like none of the eggs are going to hatch.
They have passed the point of no return.
Once you get past 40 days in the nest it's highly improbable that they will hatch.
Now we have to look forward to next year.
Eagles pair up for life so fingers crossed they will be more successful in the future.

Jeff
That's truly sad. I wonder how long it takes the pair to figure it out and give up?

45 days I think, they should show signs by 35 days if they are going to hatch.
They will both start to lose interest and begin leaving the nest unattended at times, eventually a crow or other bird will take advantage and come in and break and eat the eggs.
This is not be the first unsuccessful year , there have been others.
If you go to the link above about the history of Eagles in Big Bear there is a lot of info about Shadow and Jackie and other pairs that have been in the valley.

Reactions: whiteastro

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.