• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

eBay listing pulled

Se7en

Jun 27, 2010
Ca
Hello blankuser,
Thank you for your interest in this listing:

251012765623 - EFJohnson VHF 5100 Motorola XTS5000 Radio

Unfortunately, the listing is no longer available. We understand that this may be disappointing, but sometimes we need to remove listings to protect buyers.

There are three main reasons why we remove listings:

-**The listing doesn't follow eBay guidelines.
- *The item isn't allowed on eBay or can only be listed under certain conditions.
- *The listing contains pictures or words in it that may have created copyright or trademark issues.

If the seller is able to fix the problem and relist the item, we hope you'll consider buying it. For privacy reasons, we're not able to give more specific details.

We have other great deals on eBay. Visit www.ebay.com to continue your shopping today.

You can find more items to buy at http://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?si...rola+XTS5000+Radio&_fcls=1&_sibeleafcat=20381

Thanks,

eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.

Why who what....I watch a lot of gear and I can't find who's listing was removed.
Sent from my SCH-i605 on Verizon 4G LTE.

Hello blankuser,

251012765623 - EFJohnson VHF 5100 Motorola XTS5000 Radio

Why who what....I watch a lot of gear and I can't find who's listing was removed.

I know this is old, but if part of your question is why it was removed, the answer is in the title. You can't sale a single brand in a listing and list another brand/s. I got busted by ebay for this years ago.

If you are selling a Vertex VX-2200, you can't have ICOM, Motorola, Kenwood or any other brand in the title. You can't even say "like" ICOM, Motorola, and Kenwood.

I know this is old, but if part of your question is why it was removed, the answer is in the title. You can't sale a single brand in a listing and list another brand/s. I got busted by ebay for this years ago.

If you are selling a Vertex VX-2200, you can't have ICOM, Motorola, Kenwood or any other brand in the title. You can't even say "like" ICOM, Motorola, and Kenwood.

Either that or eBay police gang from qrz

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Either that or eBay police gang from qrz

more like the latter

You guys are as bad as the QRZ police as far as being cantankerous goes. If it is a legal radio then it is a legal radio. Just follow Ebay's rules and be done with it. The reason for not being allowed to mention Icom, Kenwood etc when posting a Motorola radio (or whatever) should be quite clear. It's to avoid your listing from coming up showing a Motorola radio when someone searches for an Icom radio. No brainer.

You can put certain keywords in the body of the description can't you?

I've done that many times without issue.

Like on Craigslist where there's thousands of words at the bottom of there description? Don't think you can do that via eBay anymore.

But I have sold packeged Motorola gear and in the title used several part #s which is legal (at least never had an issue).

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.