• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Echomax 2000 is posessed

PLUTO

May 2, 2005
Greeneville, Tennessee
I have an Echomax 2000 that produces digital noise such as high pitched whine with repetitive "clicking"(oscillating?) when the effects are used. No noise with effects off(center slot on knob) it also intensifies when the effects gain is turned up. It happens on both echo and slapback...the noise just sounds different. Has anyone experienced this and if so, what component caused it? Any help will be appreciated, 73s...Pluto.

ALL I CAN TELL YOU IS I HAVE ONE HERE THATS POSESSED ALSO AND THERE ALL A HEADACHEAS FAR AS THAT STYLE MIC GOES THE SADELTA IS MUCH MORE RELIABLE

Re: microphone

351_bear said:
im having the same problem with my mobilemax it has a hum inless you turn your mic gain almost off and i thinking its somthing wrong with the enternal battery i havnt found any info on this unit im pretty sure astatic wont fix it eather

what's the power source your using for your mobilemax ? have you tried grounding it ? the battery should only cost a couple of bucks to change . IM very Impressed with those mobilemax's !! ....I just sold one recently to a friend , he put it on his 148 GTL and sounds great !! especially when he has it set just right , one of the best echo boxes I've ever had the pleasure of using ,even set made one hell of a diff on sideband as well , very simlar to a noise processor. The 1 I got rid of had like 7 or so different beep tones and a 6 second recorder and a very nice modulation light show. Good Luck to you .

yeah Bear , it sounds like it's picking up your power supply on the way out )-: ......this kind of stuff can be tricky , doesn't sound like the battery though , alls I can really think of is grounding to get rid of the hum or changing to a cleaner regulated power supply , it really doesn't sound like a big deal here Bear , I personally don't care what anyone else thinks here ,but those Mobilemaxs are very nice !! and I don't think they make them anymore ? What mic are you using on it ? and have you tried it with other mic's to see if there was any change ? but grounding is a start .Good luck Bear.

I found the problem, I took the board out (again) and on closer inspection I found cracks around the solder joints, at the slide controll. After resoldering, it works perfect now. I wanted to share this in hopes that it helps anyone that has the same problem. 73's....Pluto.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.