• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Elecraft K3 Build Continuing – Reflection Point (Page 6)

N1IC

Mar 2, 2013
Elecraft K3 Build Continuing – Reflection Point

Ironically – Building the Elecraft K3 has let me to reflect. This K3 project is special to me and has drawn some interesting questions. I have been asked by several people including friends and coworkers and some outside my family what I did on my vacation days and when I tried to explain that I was working on building a Ham Radio – Elecraft K3 which I knew they would have no idea about the brand but I always take shot at it.

The reaction has been staggering – so you are building something that is taking days if not weeks to do that you could have purchased all put together and ready to use by someone else. On top of that you are setting up camera and blogging about it. What a waste of time seems to be the consensus.

Elecraft K3 Build Continuing

The reaction I get from stuff like that usually depends on who I'm describing it to. Teenagers and kids think it's a waste of time, but when my teenagers see me do it, they think there's a little element of cool to it. Some people think it's a neat hobby; others just don't understand it at all.

i don't understand sport with a ball and no engine, no castor, camber, toe out on turns, ackerman angles, springing, sprung/unsprung ratios, damping, CR, ignition curves, burn speed, flame fronts, etc,
i do understand the pleasure of building your own electronics,

most people just want to be amused ( the opposite of using your brain to think ).

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.