• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Electret condenser mic question

Chainsawgang

Jan 19, 2007
Georgia
Hello , I need some Mic info ....If you are replacing an electret condenser mic ( the type used on alot of small radios Uniden, Cobra, Midland etc.) a) What is the best to use ? b.) Will a noise cancelling mic like a RK56 or Astatic 636L work? c.) How do these work?

Those should work fine but freecell has a better mic yet at his shop cant remember off hand what they are but I am gonna purchase one. Also road King RK56 ar nice sounding mics. I would contact freecell though and ask about those mics he has they have a really nice natural sound and the clarity sound is great on them.

Alot of radios that work with condenser mics do not work nearly as well with a noise-cqancelling mic due to impedence mismatches and amplification issues. I've found that a good quality power mic at low level will work quite well in those radios.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.