• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Emperor TS 5010

Jonnie

Oct 5, 2015
I just picked up an emperor ts 5010. someone has changed the mic pin to a 4pin connector instead of a 5 pin. can anyone tell me how to wore up a mic? I tried my stock 4pin D104 m6b and it isn't right..o_O

If they changed the mic plug unless you can get ahold of the seller you will have to play with it as if your 4 pin you have doesn't work its anybody guess how he wired it.

My way of figuring this out would be to turn on the radio and short one mic pin at a time to ground until the radio keyed up. That pin is the ptt. Then it should be simple to figure out the audio, ground and audio shield. I never hurt a CB yet doing it that way.

BTW - the stock mic for that radio had an up/down channel momentary switches on the top of the mic. So, two of the wires and ground/common were used for this feature on that 5 pin plug. Seems to me that by using a 4 pin plug, they would have to done away with that feature altogether.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio