• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

emperor ts5010 good r bad?

boxcar112

Apr 13, 2010
Hello I was wondering if anybody on here could tell me anything about this rig I know where one is forsale for$125 looks like new with original mike I just wanted to know how good of a radio they are before I bought it I don't wanna waste the money on it if they are not good radios.I've always been a fan of hr2510s hr2600s uniden 2830s same thing as a lincoln,and the famous president lincoln.I know these rigs here ain't audio monsters on am like some others but being the loudest ain't always best I would rather be crystal clear when talking to ppl.I am a ssb talker can any one tell me if these emperors are stable on ssb and tell me how good of a radio they are on am to?

Thanks for the info I geuss I will buy it then I did a little research online about them and really didn't find much info on them I did find out they use the same final as some of the presidents use the mrf477.I know a guy that has a few brand new mrf477s to for $30 a piece so I geuss I will pick up a couple just to have them on hand.

Yeah i've always liked hr2510s,hr2600s,lincolns,uniden 2830s they are better than the 2950s and 2970s I think don't get me wrong I like them to but I think the president line of radios have a little better sound to them.I have owned I don't know how many hr2510s,hr2600s,lincolns,1 uniden 2830 I should of kept them all but I was stupid and got rid off them.I can't count on both hands and toes how many radios i've owned in the past.

for $125 you shouldn't have any problem getting your money back if you don't like it .... if its in decent condition .

Yeah thats what I was thinking booty monster I heard from a few ppl that they ain't audio monsters on am but i'm a ssb talker myself I never did care for am much anyways.What I can't figure out is why alot of ppl wanna be so loud and distorted I like a clean smooth sounding audio myself some ppl on there air I know is gonna be louder than I am but whats the use of being loud when it sounds like a blown speaker.

"What I can't figure out is why alot of ppl wanna be so loud and distorted I like a clean smooth sounding audio myself some ppl on there air I know is gonna be louder than I am but whats the use of being loud when it sounds like a blown speaker."

i hear ya . i find a lot of times those loud over modulated stations have very little interesting things to say . they are like bad actors , desperate for attention and believe theres no such thing as bad publicity . they also like to repeat everything they say over and over ... which is a good thing actually , since you cant understand what they say the first time or two around . ;)

I agree with you 100% booty monster I geuss some ppl never figured out what a mic gain knob is and what the audio limiter does in a radio lol.I geuss now days some ppl think if you own a soldering iron,dosy watt meter and some golden screw drivers that they can call there selfs a radio technician what alot of them can't figure out as me and you know it takes thousands of dollars worth of different types of equipment to work on radios.I know my technician I take my stuff to uses alot more than a typical soldering iron,dosy watt meter and some golden screw drivers lol.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.