• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

End of An ERA FCC to Drop Code

And just when I became interested in Amateur Radio...

This should make it easier for me to get a license, but I'd still like to learn.

as in the other thread i think its a great idea as long as there will still be certon areas where cw is the only transmission allowed.

ive already passed my general written but didnt take the code test as i didnt feel ready for it, now it looks like i will move into my general ticket sometime early 2007

Carl those designated areas for code will remain Im sure. Justin sent me an 8 audio CD set for learning code its the Gordon West teaching system its the bomb digity anyone wanting to learn code for amatuer radio use or just to learn it should get this for starters.

It's about time :D Let the fun begin.........no-code tech now has 10 meter privileges 28.300 thru 28.500 voice,oh yeah!!
I guess it's time to take written general test again.

Typically, the effective date of an FCC Order is 30 days after it appears in the Federal Register. If that's the case, the Morse requirement and the revised 80-meter segment for automatically controlled digital stations would likely not go into effect until late January or early February 2007. That's not clear from the public notice, however. The FCC can order its decision effective upon release.
www.arrl.org

Im not sure I like the Idea of droping code requirements. Now any "chicken bander" can easily get a ticket and start the same bologna as on the 11 meter band. Dont get me wrong, I enjoy the BSing on 11meter but I dont want that to head into the amateur bands.

dxhound said:
Dont get me wrong, I enjoy the BSing on 11meter but I dont want that to head into the amateur bands.

You can't have your cake and eat it to....in my part of the country, it's called "Citizens Band Radio Service".

tombstone.jpg

I believe that dropping the Code requirement was a mistake. The code was easy the way the testing was set up. You could learn it in a week or less if you put your mind to it. But, losing the code was an inevitable conclusion as the rest of the world dropped the requirement country by country.

As far as Amateur Radio becoming like Citizens Band, you have got to be kidding. Any a-hole that had intended on screwing with the Ham bands is already there. You don’t need a license to purchase a radio that will transmit on the Amateur bands. Is the schmuck that is hell bent on screwing with hams going to get his license first? Most folks that are active on the radio know that the FCC is MUCH more likely to seriously reprimand a licensed Amateur than they are on anyone without a license. So schmuck is going to get a ticket so he or she can procure a bigger fine? I doubt it.

LMAO!!! Where the heck ya find that tombstone??? And for whos affraid that that amyone can get an Amatuer ticket I wouldnt worry about that theres still work and or studying involved so I dont see it really being a serious problem with those knuckleheads we all know (the ones causing 11 meters havoc and trouble) getiing there tickets I mean whose gonna pay to be an a$$hole on Ham bands when 11 meters is FREE.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.