• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Enjoy that joint

I'll concur. My problems is that I'm salary. I'm always 'on call' although I can refuse. But refusing to come to work when called is highly frowned upon. But it's this reasoning why I must stay clean, not sober by legal means, but clean. Because I can always sober up on the plane ride over.

it's obvious you either didn't read my entire post, or you chose to ignore what I wrote, so I won't bother re-doing those parts.

was what easy enough? the fact that he can't do what he wants with his own body or the fact you either don't comprehend that or the restrictions fit your belief system so you assume no one should want to violate those laws?
the government locks up millions of people for violating their idea of morality. for doing things that harm no-one at the least or at the most the people harmed are the people violating those laws. at the same time companies get away with poisoning us with chemicals that are illegal in many other countries for their known toxicity.

so there's a contract. there were contracts issued to slave owners that all progeny of the purchased slaves were the purchasing families property in perpetuity.
you think those offspring should remain property? after all, they have a contract.

if a contract is illegal it is invalid. for an employer to tell someone what they can do while the employer is NOT paying them has negated contracts before. I myself was part of a lawsuit that invalidated our contract for trying to control our lives outside of work.
we won.

You just don't get it. He can do whatever he wants to on his own time in his own place HOWEVER if, that is IF in doing so the effects are carried over to a time and place that he is on duty then the employer has the right to fire him. The employer cannot ask for him to submit to a drug test while he is on his own time sitting at home however the minute he walks in the door at work they can. If he smoked weed the night before and it is still in his system he is screwed. It's all part of taking responsibility for ones own actions which sadly is lacking in today's society.

Reactions: 2 people
The problem with pot is that it takes times to be cleansed from your system. So if you smoke while on your days off, and then get a testing when back to work, it will show the presents of pot in your system.
So in saying that, if he smoked while on days off then goes right back to work afterwards he would test positive for it.
On the rigs here, so many people use hard drugs on days off as they think it clears your system faster than pot.

You just don't get it. He can do whatever he wants to on his own time in his own place HOWEVER if, that is IF in doing so the effects are carried over to a time and place that he is on duty then the employer has the right to fire him. The employer cannot ask for him to submit to a drug test while he is on his own time sitting at home however the minute he walks in the door at work they can. If he smoked weed the night before and it is still in his system he is screwed. It's all part of taking responsibility for ones own actions which sadly is lacking in today's society.

Well, I think you are little short on that. I recall having to take screening before even being offered a job. There was no pay or my vs. their time. I also recall that once I was required to complete a follow-up screening before returning to work on such an such a date. Those that came to work without completing their screening were sent home and told not to return until the screening was complete. There was no compensation for that, but they did provide the lab and service.

so there's a contract. there were contracts issued to slave owners that all progeny of the purchased slaves were the purchasing families property in perpetuity. you think those offspring should remain property? after all, they have a contract.

if a contract is illegal it is invalid. for an employer to tell someone what they can do while the employer is NOT paying them has negated contracts before. I myself was part of a lawsuit that invalidated our contract for trying to control our lives outside of work.
we won.

Contracts can be illegal, but this case is not about an illegal contract. Slavery is illegal and that is what makes those slave contracts illegal, and there is no relevance in that to this case.

The contract in this case is a person agreeing to do some thing(s) in exchange for employment.

Do you really think it would be an illegal contract for the coca-cola company to require their employees to never drink Pepsi, even when not on duty? Oh yes they can. Nothing illegal about it, because it is a voluntary choice between the parties. If you want to drink pepsi, then don't work for coca-cola.

The fact is, it's a fact, the guy broke his contract and the employer negated the contract due to breach of contract. It's a fact. They guys is fired. There will be no lawsuit as the guy who broke the contract could not possibly prevail.

how can I get it? you're saying two different things in this paragraph.
you're saying we need more personal responsibility, then allowing the employer to fire employees that meet or exceed their expectation of job performance based on their choice of drugs.
you talk of effects carrying over then the employer has the right to terminate employment, but here in the US it doesn't matter if they carry over or not. if you use the drug, you are terminated. I've known bosses who have called employees at home and told them not to come in, there's drug testing today. why would they do that if they didn't want the employee there because their drug use made them a bad employee?

and as far as the carrying over goes, termination is fine if it's an issue of performance, not of drug use, because if they can fire you for drug use because it MIGHT cause lackluster performance, then I can guess what comes next...
so if something affects you while at work, it should be illegal?
there are plenty of people that drink a cup of coffee or soda too late, don't sleep well, and their job performance suffers. coffee should be illegal?
there are people whose personal life causes their work performance to suffer. sick children cause them to take time off, elderly parents cause worry and stress and decreased attention at work. should we outlaw the family, or just the emotions?
some people eat mexican food and it gives them gas, bloating with cramps, and diarrhea, all severe distractions to driving a motor vehicle which endangers everyone on the road..
bland diets for everyone!

everything we do interacts with everything else. you can't possibly make everything illegal because it's going to interfere with something else.

space cowboy;486281[B said:
]how can I get it? you're saying two different things in this paragraph.
you're saying we need more personal responsibility, then allowing the employer to fire employees that meet or exceed their expectation of job performance based on their choice of drugs.[/B]
you talk of effects carrying over then the employer has the right to terminate employment, but here in the US it doesn't matter if they carry over or not. if you use the drug, you are terminated. I've known bosses who have called employees at home and told them not to come in, there's drug testing today. why would they do that if they didn't want the employee there because their drug use made them a bad employee?

and as far as the carrying over goes, termination is fine if it's an issue of performance, not of drug use, because if they can fire you for drug use because it MIGHT cause lackluster performance, then I can guess what comes next...

No I am not saying two things, you only THINK I am.

:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang

:bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.