• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Eton G3 vs. E5

Chernobyl2

Sep 2, 2009
Hi,

I had the Eton E5 for a few months then it seems the oscillator started to become intermittent. Sent it back under warranty, repair wasn't pssible so they offered to exchange it for a new one. I have been waiting over 2 months for a replacement so went back to the store today and exchanged it for a G3. They placed an order which will hopefully in store next week.

I tested a G3 at the store and it seemed to be as good as the E5, only there was a serious issue with the keypad so I said I'd wait for an order.

I read a few reviews on the G3 both at the time I looked to purchase the E5, and again earlier today, and it seems people have mixed feelings about it vs. the E5? I couldn't really tell any difference beyond it seeming clearer when it was receiving a signal, and sensitivity seemed good (I could receive the time signal on 10 MHz fine with this unit which I could never do with the E5, though it otherwise appeared to be fine when it was working).

I shall have to wait until next week to see what this new unit is like. Hopefully there are no issues with it.

Best regards,
Chernobyl2.

Hi,

I had the Eton E5 for a few months then it seems the oscillator started to become intermittent. Sent it back under warranty, repair wasn't pssible so they offered to exchange it for a new one. I have been waiting over 2 months for a replacement so went back to the store today and exchanged it for a G3. They placed an order which will hopefully in store next week.

I tested a G3 at the store and it seemed to be as good as the E5, only there was a serious issue with the keypad so I said I'd wait for an order.

I read a few reviews on the G3 both at the time I looked to purchase the E5, and again earlier today, and it seems people have mixed feelings about it vs. the E5? I couldn't really tell any difference beyond it seeming clearer when it was receiving a signal, and sensitivity seemed good (I could receive the time signal on 10 MHz fine with this unit which I could never do with the E5, though it otherwise appeared to be fine when it was working).

I shall have to wait until next week to see what this new unit is like. Hopefully there are no issues with it.

Best regards,
Chernobyl2.

Both are good radio's, see what happens.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.