• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ever see one of these?board pics are in -conversion help

think that's why others wanted to see the board , I figured clone when I first saw it , Power ratings on this one is 15 watts AM/FM , but that don't tell me how much it might do after tuning ? Big heat sink or not, I coundn't call it crappola unless I had first hand experiance with one. News at a 11

Agreed. We need to wait untill Funkmed gets it in his hands and snaps a few pics of the board. If it is like the 33, and indeed has dual audio ic`s and a transformer in the audio section, it should be a moster.
Sure wish DTB would look in on this thread.......

Jeff

hhmm i wouldnt say they are crapola but to each his own.i got them at a good price.anyway the radios are in so the pictures are coming.it does have a large transformer with 2 devices bolted to the side.luckily all the vr`s on the board are marked so thats a no brainer there.i do need conversion info as these are not converted.does this look like dual final too you?if so the driver must be across the radio bolted to the side ..its a 7808a.....i closed that side up so i,m going on memory and could be off .all ham channels so i need to convert them.could use some help here.into a dummy load after turning the mod vr up i seen 25-30 peak swing.i did nothing else yet other than turn up the vr.low n high setting for the variable is inside the radio too.i set low on 3 high on 10 ....has nice repeating echo but no talkback.could use a talkback mod for this as well.you can see the board number in the picture.i never heard of this board.i looked for another number on the boards edge but didnt see anything unless its under the channel selector where i cant see.ok ....who knows what ..needing some help here..lol..thanks guys
mvc006fzn3.jpg

mvc007fle9.jpg

Those look like Galaxy numbers to me. IM sure the radio has talkback , it's more then likely disconnected , usually just a disconnected wire in the radio ? Other then that , looks good to me. As I said , the ratings I got were 15 watts AM/FM so the the 30 watts sounds about right so far.

I talked to DTB this morning, He has been so busy that he has not had time to stop by the forum. He said if you can take a shot of both the top and bottom side of the board, (high res if possable) around the PLL/Channel selector, he can look at them and is sure he can tell you how to do the conversion. You can Send them direct to his E mail
email@dtbradio.com
And it would be cool if you can post them here as well.
That is the dual IC radio he was talking about.
Big round of Thanks to DTB for His help here on the Forum!!

Jeff

very cool ,thank you grimace.know any good mods?looking to enable talkback as well.wouldnt ya know it i sold 2 utb1 talkback boards not long ago.

ok ,conversion done on 1 radio so far .for future reference take note that the solder bridge on the gray wire for the rg-33 needs to be removed.i just clipped it out making sure no high spots on the solder area.clip as close as you can thats the key.anyway the conversion works great ,thanks grimace.that must be a members only area because i can pull that area up knowhere that i can see.anymore info there grimace?i need to enable talkback...any ideas switch kit?
after tuning up on the new bands the radio swings 25 -30 peak about the same as our mirage 88 dual final..still not sure this is dual final..anyone?check the picture ..there is a transistor marked 7808a on the side of the chassis that could be the driver??near the so-239 theres a board with a metal vr on it .whats this??i included a picture.
i included a closer picture of the transformer and the 2 transistors there as well for you guys to check out .i got an on air check from a friend and he says it sounds great ,nice n clean ..nice echo.got it tuned for 3 on low 8 on highest setting and swings 25 or so from the high setting only ..when you turn the power down the swing goes down as well .
i,ll be looking for a mod to let it swing full pep from any carrier as well.alot needs doing yet ,just need the info ........check the pics and let me know .thanks everyone ...you too shockwave........let dtb know the conversion is done and easy.
mvc008fpv6.jpg

mvc009fye5.jpg

on another note i notice a little dimming on transmit audio....i guess the af upgrade would fix that ...

ah....would a upgraded part take care of light dimming with modulation?usually they sell those af upgrade kits that includes the bigger regulator chip .....if you look in the first farther away pic of the board the regulator chip (the big one ..754?? i forget anyway..)is bolted to the end of the aluminum sink that wraps around the transformers.these are usually bolted to the chassis .not so in this radio.

is that the regulator chip your refering too?the 7808a is bolted to the side chassis.that regulates what?other components

i still need to know how to enable talkback on this board if anyone can help?ranger wont offer any help.and dtb too busy to check in ....

You should be able to enable talkback by lifting one leg of a diode near the receive audio IC. I dont have a part # to give though.

Glad to see you found the conversion. I knew it was simple, I just couldn't remember exactly what it was, lol!

i wouldnt know where that be...lol......wonder why they put a heatsink on a single final radio?maybe the actual rg-33 was dual final?this is marketed as a superstar maybe lesser parts then the rg33?on the board is rg33 crossed out and ss wrote in its place..

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.