• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

extended double zepp for 11m

Uncle Ronnie 336

Apr 28, 2020
gave it a whirl flatside from the east coast hoping to net more contacts west of the rockies. the gain and radiation pattern is tight so using a geodesics tool and figuring out what local city i have to go broadside to, I got 2 trees picked out and hucked a nylon rope over the branches about 20' up. now CT to CA is easy. highly recommended cheap gain for the blue collar man on a budget.
as a bonus there are SWR dips down to about 13 mhz and it works as a SWL antenna for anything above 40meters.

www.westmountainradio.com/antenna_calculator_zepp.php?frequency=27.185

Attachments

• EDZ.jpg
    EDZ.jpg
    428.2 KB · Views: 19

Hello UR336: That sounds like a neat project. How are to feeding - matching it to the twin lead. Antennas Tuner? Do Tell please.

Jay in the Grate Mojave Desert ....... just down the road ah ways from Miss Dinah's fillin station

nice, yea i had a similar one, just with 2 1/2 wave legs as a vertical before. def was a good one. that one got replaced by an imax about 20' higher and i really don't notice much difference other than the fact that i can hear a distant electric fence ticker now

• Wow
Reactions: tecnicoloco
after using it for a bit, i can say YES BUILD ONE
getting west of the rockies from new england was a challenge before, seemed like people in texas and the midwest were blockin me out when i was tryin to shoot that evening skip. now im right up there with em all for a piece of ladder line and a split apart speaker wire.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.