• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Extended Double Zepp

jonbah

Apr 2, 2005
Good Ole US of A
www.jonbah.com
I've been reading up on the extended double zepp antenna and have been wanting to try one out for the HF bands.
Has anybody had any luck with these?
They seem to have a advantage over the 1/2 wave dipole but mostly limited to one band.

Thanks
Jonbah

Jonbah,
Depending on how they are erected they can have a definite advantage on one, or maybe a couple of bands. Lot's of 'maybe' in that so don't count on it too much. Any antenna that's too long for a particular band has advantages over antennas that are too short. That also has a lot of 'maybe's in it but is generally true. Using a tuner and ladder line is a very good 'bet' with any zepp. They make up for a lot of things and really aren't any more of a handicap than you'd think. Give a zepp a shot and see what you think.
- 'Doc

PS - Ain't no miracle antennas! But lots of them that may be 'better' than the average 'run of the mill' thingys around.

I think they are a great antenna, been using one for years.
I forget the exact dimentions but mine is about 134 feet long fed with 100 feet of ladder line through a tuner.
Its a couple of wave lengths long on the highest freg. giving good gain.
You can even feed it with 300 ohm line, eather is very low loss.
A good long distance ant.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.