• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

F 150 Floorboard Install?

I've only owned one, but it was the same way. Could only get it down to 1.5:1, and not any lower.

Brett

Is there any way to access the coil and re-tap it to avoid the excessive trimming and use the full(or close to it) length of the whip? You shouldn't have to but mag mount antennas are fairly unpredictable in that respect.

Reactions: Robb
Is there any way to access the coil and re-tap it to avoid the excessive trimming and use the full(or close to it) length of the whip? You shouldn't have to but mag mount antennas are fairly unpredictable in that respect.

1.5:1 is good enough for me... I'm not that ambitious!

Brett

I like/use sawtooth mounts. But they work best on a flat floor; not a transmission hump. Since my Honda has a flat floor, it works for me. But if I had a trans hump to work with, I would not hesitate to get a pedestal-type mount. Even it you have to drill four small holes to mount it. Not to mention, they add a 'cool' factor - IMO . . .

What's a good pedestal mount? I've had two that aren't stable and then just broke.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.