• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FAQ/Knowledge base "How do I...?" Look here first!A.K.A. "The Sticky"

Mike337

Jan 8, 2012
Sterling, VA
Morning all,

I just wanted to throw an idea out there to the moderators.

I belong to a diesel truck site that takes the most frequently asked questions with complete answers from the members and the best “How To’s” and they place it in “The Sticky”. That is then a permanent link at the top of all the forum questions.

In “The Sticky” they have no nonsense postings by people who know what they are talking about, with photos and step-by-step instructions. A frequent poster is a gentleman named Jim Lane, you can see examples of his posts here:

Alternator Ground The importance of a good Ground.

Installing Headlamp Relays

FAQ/Knowledge base "How do I...?" Look here first! A.K.A. "The Sticky" - Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

I thought that maybe we could use that here for things like “Correctly Wiring Your Radio in to Your Vehicle”, “Antenna's 101” or "Building an X Meter Antenna". It is a great way for those with the knowledge to document it for all of us that are learning and a place to send beginners asking the same questions over and over again. It beats the search mode because it puts the best of the best right where you can find it.

Mike

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.