• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Fat Boy 4 pill die?

Prof. Base

Oct 20, 2021
A buddy of mine said that his Fat Boy 4 pill (not biased) died. He wasn't transmitting when it happened. He said "I flipped it on, nature called, and when I got back the led was off. Now the led just flickers and goes out when it's powered on and the fan doesn't come on." He said there wasn't any smoke or electrical smell and that the power supply tested out fine as did the fuses. I told him it might need a ride to Fat boy for repair.

The led is hooked straight to the switch, gotta be something simple. The switch allows the keying relay to engage when the radio is keyed. Switch power should come straight from the 12v power strip that the main power wire goes to. So basically the power switch is just an enable. Doesn't actually turn any thing on when switched, except the led.

Switch was fine. Turned out to be a faulty, cheap fuse that fell apart, but was still allowing only 2.3 volts to pass through. Ahhh...it's the little things that'll get ya.
Thanks guys for all the advice.

Attachments

• 20230210_201511(1).jpg
    20230210_201511(1).jpg
    769.4 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.