• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Fat EFHW

The Fat EFHW that started this thread is not the one that I tried different radials configurations on. There are no radials on the Fat EFHW.

The matching section in the smaller box is the same matcher I used in a larger box on the smaller diameter EFHW of the other thread where I tried various radial configurations. In that thread we even tried the ideas of some fellow whose name escapes me now about all the radial an EFHW needed was a single 1/8 wavelength long one.

Two different EFHW verticals have entered into this discussion relative to actual antennas I've built.

The first was a 1/2" diameter aluminum tube unit with no taper top to bottom. It rested with the 12 x 48" x 3/8" radials at the bottom of the vertical in the above photo. It was the other thread antenna.

The second is the 16' 8" x 1-3/8" EFHW of this thread. No radials, same matcher as the first antenna.

I have used this matcher on several different antennas since making it - wire horizontal, wire vertical, half tubing with half wire verticals, with and without radials . . . I have made more than one of this matcher and sent them home with a few folks. Brett, 2RT307, has a similar matcher although not identical he received from me as a gift. I am glad it has been useful to him.

I think I may have answered the questions now. If I didn't don't give up. Try me again.

Thanks Homer, I understand what you posted a little better now. My bad for misunderstanding your response.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.