• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Final President Lincoln

and how can you tell which one you have? At least the one I see has a small pcb over it and I'm too lazy to take it off.

the old style looks like a regular output transistor with a thermister board screwed to the front of it, the later lincoln has a white pill shaped mrf455 transistor mounted on a small circuit board bolted to the heatsink, i am not 100% sure but i think they arrived in the uk sometime in 2000.

Oh, I was thinking of the MRF475 or something else that I thought was in a TO220 type package. Is that all they used was either the MRF477 or 455?

Yes the MRF455 is a monolithic flange mount type of obvious differences.

i have never seen any with anything other than those two from the factory but i see many with hacked up 2sc1969's dropped in with the legs crossed over to save money when they want to get rid of them :shock:

c2 its so bad here for that trick the first thing you must do is check the final, somebody even resorted to drilling the print and swapping stuff on the componet side so the 1969 legs were right way round just to fool the unweary who would only look at the solder side of the board, yep anything with a 477 you better buy it with your eyes wide open (like this :shock:)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.