• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Fine Tune CB

Status
Not open for further replies.
..... but when you're on top of your game and you sit there listening to the airwaves and you hear radios that you worked on from coast to coast and that is all you hear coming in on skip it has a tendency to inflate your ego. so in this particular case his ego is justified.

ROFLMAO! As if ONLY the radios he worked on were being heard? Again....ROFLMAO! :ROFLMAO: That's some wild statement right there I'm telling you.o_O

I don't know your handle but I can honestly say I've never heard you coming into my receive over the past 10 years under the name captain kilowatt. on the other hand all my friends that have their work done at the same place that I did I've personally spoken to them and heard them from all over the country. so it's kind of a joke that your opinion would mean anything to me since I don't even know who you are and you have never spoken to me on the radio.QUOTE="Captain Kilowatt, post: 524757, member: 39"]ROFLMAO! As if ONLY the radios he worked on were being heard? Again....ROFLMAO! :ROFLMAO: That's some wild statement right there I'm telling you.o_O[/QUOTE]
I

It is pretty wild driving down the interstate on a nice quiet day without hearing a single person on the radio and all of a sudden out of the blue a friend of mine in California keys up his radio and starts talking to his neighbors and I can hear him clear as day and he sounds like he's right in the truck next to me. and I keep listening and there is no skip at all. the only thing I can hear on the radio is my friend in California who had his Radio tuned by the same guy that tuned my radio. Coincidence? I think not because it happened at least 3 or 4 times a week over an 8 year period.

Last edited:
Its skip, nothing more or nothing less

That is true, but in each of these cases my friend was the only person in his vicinity making the trip, and to say he was the only radio on the air for a hundred mile radius of his location is ridiculous. At the very least, his signal propagation was the most efficient within a huge radius of his location which means he must be doing something that his neighbors are not doing.

I don't know your handle but I can honestly say I've never heard you coming into my receive over the past 10 years under the name captain kilowatt. on the other hand all my friends that have their work done at the same place that I did I've personally spoken to them and heard them from all over the country. so it's kind of a joke that your opinion would mean anything to me since I don't even know who you are and you have never spoken to me on the radio.QUOTE="Captain Kilowatt, post: 524757, member: 39"]ROFLMAO! As if ONLY the radios he worked on were being heard? Again....ROFLMAO! :ROFLMAO: That's some wild statement right there I'm telling you.o_O

I can't believe I missed this. Well I'll tell you why you have never heard me "coming into your receive" and that is because I probably left 11m long before you even started on it. It's been almost 25 years or more since I was on 11m actually but that does not mean I have lost touch with things. I spend my radio time on the ham bands now. As for my statement above I stand by it. I have been into radio for 38 years and have learned a few things about propagation and just what kind of power it takes to accomplish a few things. My radio experience runs from the AM broadcast band all the way up to 1.7 GHz. I spent 22 years as a commercial broadcast engineer at a local AM/FM radio network so what I didn't learn from amateur radio I learned on the job. It sounds to me like you are just trying to drum up business for your buddy's CB shop.

I can't believe I missed this. Well I'll tell you why you have never heard me "coming into your receive" and that is because I probably left 11m long before you even started on it. It's been almost 25 years or more since I was on 11m actually but that does not mean I have lost touch with things. I spend my radio time on the ham bands now. As for my statement above I stand by it. I have been into radio for 38 years and have learned a few things about propagation and just what kind of power it takes to accomplish a few things. My radio experience runs from the AM broadcast band all the way up to 1.7 GHz. I spent 22 years as a commercial broadcast engineer at a local AM/FM radio network so what I didn't learn from amateur radio I learned on the job. It sounds to me like you are just trying to drum up business for your buddy's CB shop.
Find me a better technician and I'll be more than happy to compare his work to the guy who does my work, and if it stacks up (which I doubt) I would highly recommend this other person you referred me to.

I don't know your handle but I can honestly say I've never heard you coming into my receive over the past 10 years under the name captain kilowatt. on the other hand all my friends that have their work done at the same place that I did I've personally spoken to them and heard them from all over the country. so it's kind of a joke that your opinion would mean anything to me since I don't even know who you are and you have never spoken to me on the radio.
I

So by applying your very own way of thinking we should consider your posts about your tech friend a joke because we have never heard you on the air and we do not know you nor have we ever spoken to you. Just saying.

Find me a better technician and I'll be more than happy to compare his work to the guy who does my work, and if it stacks up (which I doubt) I would highly recommend this other person you referred me to.

I couldn't care less who you use as long as you yourself are happy. I just take exception to certain technically baseless claims that I know have more to them than the poster understands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.