• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

firestik 2

jesse10x

Dec 26, 2009
can somebody tell me about this antenna.i got one today for my truck and i want to use it for my backdoor setup.

CATALOG Main Page (Frame Setup)
Firestik Roof Mounted - CB Radios Plus

Firestik 2' Tunable Tip Fiberglass CB Antenna
Expect Performance
The "FS" antennas are 100% American made with 100% American materials. To maintain a balance between flexibility and ruggedness, we use a custom blended, glass fiber reinforced shaft. Each is wound with heavy insulated copper wire to prevent the oxidation and shorted windings often found on non-Firestik antennas. The tunable tip mechanism is made from rust-proof brass and has a rubber o-ring to hold the adjuster in place after tuning. Our 3/8"-24 threaded base has a tapered contact point that works especially well with Firestik mounts and accessories. The tapered "lug-nut" effect transfers stress away from the threads and reduces the possibility of vibration induced loosening of the antenna in its mount. Each antenna is covered with a static reducing, water-tight sleeve containing UV and pigment stabilizers. For peek performance we recommend that you use one of our 18-foot Fire-Flex coaxial cables with these antennas.

Performance Guarantee
All "FS" series antennas are factory bench tested for resonant frequency and overall quality. And don't forget, ALL antennas, regardless of style or manufacturer, MUST be tuned after installation on the vehicle. Transmitting antennas are not "plug-n-play" devices.
-----------------------------------

What they don't tell you is that it is rated at only 100 watts.
Pretty skinny; being two foot long doesn't give a wide/low SWR across the band either.
Personally, the only fibreglass whips I have are one 5 ft Hustler and two 4 ft Wilson Silver loads.
Height gives might...

The only benefit I see in any helically wound fiberglass antenna is that they are short. After that, I think they are a waste of time and effort, they will never perform like a longer antenna, they can't. Sure, they work, but they are always a compromise in efficiency.
- 'Doc

i was pushing 1000w on that thing today and only rated 100w?
what damage could i possibly have done?
i was using an steel whip but got problem with swr.
i also used 5' skipshooter but it broke on me after 2 weeks.
thanks for the replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.