• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

First Run Cobra 148GTL

Switch Kit

Apr 6, 2005
First run Cobra 148GTL .Solid drift free sidebander, Only thing done to radio was clarifier opened for RX and TX. (about 3 khz both ways) and a diode added for AM swing from any power setting. (NO CLIPS !) Center slot aligned . It's set at about 18 watts SSB and 2 to 18 on AM. They don't make'um like this no more. Great mobile or for use as a base station. (same as Cobra 2000) I lot can be done to these if you please. There are to marks bottom side of the bezel , that's it ! (see pic) All works as it should. Comes with Cobra stock mic and bracket and steel knobs. 100.00 Shipped Priority upon payment. Paypal/M.O. Thanks for look'in.

Attachments

• IMG_0142.JPG
    IMG_0142.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0131.JPG
    IMG_0131.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0109.JPG
    IMG_0109.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0121.JPG
    IMG_0121.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 89

Switch Kit,

Your description sounds like the radio has AM variable power? Or dk 2 swinging 18?

Thanks,
lwb

Yes LWB but not on a knob , diode was placed in line and the AM power VR in the radio will set it where it need be. (RADIO SOLD) , thank you Mike and I will have this out for you later on in the day and send you conformation . Thanks Forum.

holy crud switch kit!

welcome back to the forum!

or are you just here to sell the radio? (cool either way)
havent heard from you in quite a while.
how are things in CA?
LC

Things ok in So.Cal. L.C. .......thanks for the welcome. Been a little slow to go with my hobby . Condo living and no major antenna for years been taking it's toll on me as far as talking goes and just getting to old for playing Mr Mobile all the time and then the ole lady wondering what in the hell I'm doing , it was getting old and plus I like her better anyway .....you know what I mean ? :) other then that just trying to find some new homes for some of my stash just sitting around and not doing much I'm sorry to say. Most folks that were left in my area for the most part have all moved to Ham as well. Getting on 30 years for me now with the hobby but it's just been slow to go L.C.

i feel ya. vegas has all but dried up aside from about 4 locals.

glad to hear you are still kicking.

i will put my personal "vouch" on switch kit's equipment.
he always ran good stuff and never hacked them up.
LC

I'll put my 2 cents as well. Switch kits gear i great. Honest seller. Like to see more of him on here.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.