• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FM Broadcaster - Craigslist

you could have your own pirate radio station!

just be aware that its illegal as hell, and unlike CB radio; the FCC cares a lot about unlicensed broadcasting in the commercial FM band.

check out this site to learn all about pirate broadcasting: The Free radio Network

LC

just be aware that its illegal as hell, and unlike CB radio; the FCC cares a lot about unlicensed broadcasting in the commercial FM band.

check out this site to learn all about pirate broadcasting: The Free radio Network

LC

Yes they are very concerned about illegal broadcast in the commercial bands as they are not making any money off it and that's what the FCC is all about, (REVENUE) because they are just another branch of the Infernal Revenue Service, just ask
granny_clampett1.jpg

Yes they are very concerned about illegal broadcast in the commercial bands as they are not making any money off it and that's what the FCC is all about, (REVENUE) because they are just another branch of the Infernal Revenue Service, just ask
granny_clampett1.jpg

You're right. It has nothing to do with interference to licensed operators or unregulated transmissions at all. :headbang

Captain Killowatt,

are you saying that the FCC's tenacity in enforcing the regulations is not motivated by revenue?
LC

Captain Killowatt,

are you saying that the FCC's tenacity in enforcing the regulations is not motivated by revenue?
LC

I was merely responding to sarcasm with sarcasm. :D

Think about it. Someone acts like they do on ch 6 or ch 19 and nothing is done. Why? Who is it hurting? It's an unlicensed service and if you don't like it turn the dial.

Someone starts up a 20-50 watt FM station on the same frequency as a 100 Kw station that is located in the next town about 20 miles away. That little 20-50 watt station can easily wipe out the big 100 Kw station to listeners nearby thus depriving the big station of listeners, that could, depending on the population density reach into the thousands.God knows what the content of the broadcasts would be. If allowed to continue you would have every Tom, Dick, and Harry with their own little station and soon the FM broadcast band would sound like CB ch 19. People have this thing where they believe the FCC gets the money they collect in fines but the truth is that the money goes into the general coffers. I would put good money on the fact that the FCC actually takes in LESS money in fines in the run of a year than it takes to actually run the department.

i must admit to a smidgen of sarcasm in my response too. :D

im with you on how much the FCC actually takes in each year in fines.
i sometimes wonder if any CBer who was issued a notice of violation has actually paid the 10k to the FCC.
LC

LC

no, no, no...i dont want this thing. just thought it to be kind of interesting that someone would post this publicly.

i must admit to a smidgen of sarcasm in my response too. :D

im with you on how much the FCC actually takes in each year in fines.
i sometimes wonder if any CBer who was issued a notice of violation has actually paid the 10k to the FCC.
LC

Most fines levied against CB/hams are never collected in full. Some are but most are not paid at all.

FM Broadcast Band equipment is not illegal to sell or own.

Take a gander at all the offerings Ramsey has

http://www.ramseykits.com

Just like an FT-101 modified for DC to daylight isn't illegal to sell or own. It's just illegal to USE it on CB. And it's illegal to use much of what Ramsey sells, at least in the USA. They have disclaimers all through their catalog and at the website. Unfortunately, there are those who either can't read or who don't think the disclaimers apply to them.

Just like an FT-101 modified for DC to daylight isn't illegal to sell or own. It's just illegal to USE it on CB. And it's illegal to use much of what Ramsey sells, at least in the USA. They have disclaimers all through their catalog and at the website. Unfortunately, there are those who either can't read or who don't think the disclaimers apply to them.

Did anybody ask??

well maybe Mack asked....but I wouldn't know as I don't see his posts being on my ignore list and whatnot

If someone has to be told that transmitting on the Commercial FM Broadcast Band is illegal without a license...then it may be opined that same person was just born yesterday, and night...and THEN fell off the back of a turnip truck :tongue:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.