• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

foot switch????

paws264 said:
Mr Clean said:
Electric guitar pedals or old sewing machine pedals work well.

I would not disagree with you but, I certainly would NOT recommend them!

Foot Switch

does that come wired with the RCA jack????

also,i didn't think radio shack still stocked the the foot switch.....model 44-410 or somethin.....

Beetle said:
If you're using an amplifier, THIS is the only way to go.

I like that switch beetle. My problem is that I need to find something that will mute the receiver,switch the antenna,key the exciter and then key the big broadcast transmitter all in that order and do the opposite on receive. Hmmmm......anybody see my soldering iron? Looks like a DIY project. ;)

QRN said:
My problem is that I need to find something that will mute the receiver, switch the antenna, key the exciter, and then key the big broadcast transmitter, all in that order and do the opposite on receive. Hmmmm......anybody see my soldering iron? Looks like a DIY project. ;)
The Heil switch does key an amplifier just a fraction of a second before the transmitter.

I would think you would want to mute the receiver, switch antennas, key the transmitter, then key the exciter.

You could make a simple circuit using the Heil foot switch. The black lead would mute the receiver and switch the antennas, the red lead would key the transmitter and with a simple delay circuit (like a step-start), almost immediately key the exciter.

How would that do?

Actually what I said was correct in MY case but as a general rule YOU would be correct.The differance is that I would be keying an RCA BTA-1S commercial broadcast AM tx modded for 80m and driven with an external exciter,namely a Kenwood TS-820 in low power and CW mode as a simple carrier generator. The TX will not switch on without grid drive to the pair of 4-400 finals.That is a factory design.It is a simple matter to provide a 50 ohm load for the TX to see at the input of the big TX. I admit it is a bit unusual but it is the only way I can generate the Canadian legal limit of 750 watts carrier for next to nothing. The RCA was FREE!.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.